All events will be held at 350 N.High St.
(The site of the old Elgin School)
Oorang Bang is an exciting two-day street festival that offers an array of activities for attendees to enjoy. The event features a diverse selection of food trucks, craft vendors, live music, inflatables, and a beer garden that will be available on both days. On Friday, visitors can participate in the car show and parade, followed by a performance by Omega Kicks in the evening. Saturday kicks off with a pancake breakfast sponsored by and benefitting the LaRue Firefighters Association. The day’s activities also include a 5K run, the Cox Garden Tractor Pull, Duck Race, Cow Plop Drop, Craft Vendors, Kids Inflatables, and Live Bake auction featuring Ben Higgins as the auctioneer. Live music performances on Saturday include street musicians, Dulcimers, The Marionaires, Chad Clark, and Wulfman Jack.
Oorang Bang Schedule of Events June 9th & 10th
- 3:00-7:00 – Car show starts lining streets at the Methodist Church, awards at 7:00
- 4:00-9:00pm – Crafts, Food Trucks, Inflatables. See Mann Made Rustics woodcarvings and demos.
- 5:30pm – Beer Garden open
- 5:00-5:15pm – Blessing of the event at the corner of High and School St.
- 5:15-5:30pm – Dedication of Airedale carvings from Mann Made Rustics at the corner of High & School St.
- 5:30-6:00 – Ryan Ratliff performance National Anthem
- 6:00-6:20 – Center Stage Dance Factory
- 6:30- 6:50 – Elgin Band Performs
- 7:30 – Parade; Scott Shawver will be our MC.
- 7:00-11:00pm – Omega Kicks
Saturday June 10th
- 7:00-11:00am – Pancake Breakfast
- 8:00am 5K – Late registration at 350 N High St.
- 9:00am – 5K Walk/run Starts at School St.
- 9:00am-12:00pm – Drop off Goodies for the live auction at 350 N High
- 11:00am – Cox Garden Tractor pulls registration in front of the Methodist Church
- 12:00pm – Tractor pulls start in front of the Methodist Church
- 12:00-9:00pm – Crafts, Food Trucks, and Inflatables. Woodcarving demonstrations by Mann Made Rustics
- 12:00pm – Local Musician Scott Cameron 350 N High.
- 1:00pm – Dulcimers perform.
- 1:30pm – Megan brings Chelsie for the cow plop.
- 2:00pm – The Marionaires perform.
- 3:00-11:00pm – Beer Garden
- 4:00-6:00pm – Chad Clark rising country music star and New Bloomington resident performs.
- 6:00pm – Duck Race
- 6:30 – Live Auction w/Ben Higgins
- 7:00-11:00pm – Wulfman Jack
- 8:00pm – Silent Auction ends; winners announced.
- 8:00pm – If all getaway tickets and quilt tickets are sold winners will be announced.